This program is open to all Kids that dream
of making the world a better place.
1. The mentor will lead a discussion to the kids of what it means to be an advocate, what is possible, the skills they will learn and support they will receive.
2. The kids will share their aspirations of what their visions are and what they would like to accomplish.
3. The kids will brainstorm what initiatives to consider and what it will take for them to accomplish their goals.
4. The kids will choose a single initiative to which they want to commit.
5. The kids will appoint a captain who will oversee the project. The captain will learn how be an effective and an inspirational leader. The captain will guide the team to create a clear, tangible goal.
6. The captain will then work with the team to organize and prioritize the secondary goals. They will then breakdown those goals into tasks, delegate amount themselves.
7. They will break down the tasks needed to accomplish their goal, delegate those tasks, assign them to members of the team and set deadlines for completition.
8. The Mentor will review the plan to see what support and tools will be needed, as well as help arrange for them to be available to the students.
9. At the start of the week they will establish the weekly objectives and tasks
10. At the end of each week the kids will review their progress of the week.
11. Each student will be held accountable for completing their designated assignment.
Additional mentors will be made available on an as need basis for support and to insure the skills needed are developed.